Monday 27 July 2015

Lolita

“In the middle of the night she came sobbing into mine,
and we made it up very gently. You see, she had
absolutely nowhere else to go.”
-Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

See her at the edge. Yellow glowing in her eyes
Lighting fires in evil mind.
See her walk away. The world not under her care.
Not under her skirt. Skin bare
Her legs carried her far away from home.
She was the mad woman. Proud in her insanity
She left. Calm. She read.
Trying to drown in the insanity of somewhere else.
Wait. She came home.
Sneaked in. Unwanted or not.
Blending into her shell.
She had stopped pretending she didn’t care.
She was the mad woman. She didn’t.
Trapped between the worlds she made.
She wanted to run away from home
Wait. She came home.
You see, she had absolutely nowhere else to go.


4 comments:

  1. Hello Debasmita,
    I am regular blog reader. And I love to read poems. I am working in Vancouver pr company and when I got free time, I mostly read blogs and article on internet. I feel so much relax and feel good after reading such a nice post by people like you. Thanks for posting and keep posting.
    Best regards
    Larissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, your poem is very beautiful, i really like your poem. And please also visit on my blog on moscow mule. Thanks for your post. keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so much impressed with your poem. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!
    Best regards
    stump removal erie pa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Your post is great post. i totally impressed. Vehicle towing company It is simple and beautiful poem. I really like poem.Thanks for sharing poem. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete