Thursday 7 May 2015

The Radioactive Emotional

To those who say rejection is a kick in the gut
To me it’s a growing unease, but
It grows like a highly infectious disease
Burning through a delirious me.

The stirring in my gut doesn’t stop
Every time I see them, something inside drops
Lurching forward I maintain a straight face
To mask my twisted mind and insides.

I wait for those moments of release
When the rest of life distracts me.
A flash of searing emotion.It is uncontrollable these days
I’m uneasy but see no other way.

I can’t change them. But I can’t change me more
It intensifies more every time than before
I’m afraid the unease will grow and grow
Till one day it swallows me whole.

I seek emptiness more than space
Where pain exists, to be worn with a poker face
Where silences and omissions
Become my way.
Of coping with being emotional.

I am trying hard to maintain some dignity
But the unease makes me lurch over
And bow down to your fate unwillingly.

I want to bury myself in my own grave
Put myself to rest one of these days
But I am beginning to think
This spiraling will bring

No peace to the radioactive emotional.

1 comment: